Topic: Had Enough of Explorer Now... :)

Although I have been keeping an eye out for any news, I haven't really used LiteStep properly for a long time.. A couple years back when Win98SE was the best-of-the-best, I felt like I couldn't live without it. smile Then WinXP was cool for a couple months, but I ditched Explorer for LS yet again.

Now I've been running Win7 x64 for just over a year, tried a couple different shells in the beginning, but I decided to give the MS boys' new toy a good run before I started replacing the interface they had been so proud of. Must admit, I stuck with it a lot longer than I ever thought I would! It's quite impressive actually...

But, it's come to "that time" again. The time when fancy features just no longer warrant the limited options with customizing the screen at which I stare at for hours on end. LS is still my favourite of all replacement shells, so it's only natural I'd be back.

Anyway, I though before I start asking questions and bugging people to share all their hard-earned knowledge and experience, I'd do the civil thing and say hi.

So... Hi! big_smile

Win7 Ultimate x64 + Logitech MX-1000 + LiteStep 0.25 == *very big grin*

Re: Had Enough of Explorer Now... :)

Hello, good to see another new member!

Thanks Baron Bruce, it's nice to see there still some die-hard LS fans around. And the LiteStep.info website looks a lot more sleek than it did the last time I looked at it.. smile

Win7 Ultimate x64 + Logitech MX-1000 + LiteStep 0.25 == *very big grin*

that's thanks to the-golem... who seems to have disappeared? I emailed him a few weeks ago and never got a response sad

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

i think win 7 is going perfect.. windows 98 se was having a lot of problems in it but win 7 is running smoothly no serious issues with it...

how's LS working for you on Windows 7 so far? I might not be too far from moving to it soon..

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

@rootrider: Just replied to that question in another thread...

LiteStep addict since b23. http://brembs.net