Topic: Backround image

Hello all,

i am a newbie at Listestep-Programming and modding and need some help for setting up a backround image.
In the web I found some Links to tutorials, but near all are dead.
So, please can you tell me what I have to do for setting up a backround image for my Litestep-Theme?

Many thanks and best regards

Aldeano

2 (edited by the-golem 2011-11-14 11:20:32 am)

Re: Backround image

By "Background Image" do you mean the wallpaper?

The Easy Way: You should be able to right click any image and select "Set as Desktop Background"

Less Easy: If you plan to distribute your theme, and want a wallpaper to go along with it, try downloading lswallpaper. I haven't actually used that myself, but there is a manual file included, so have at it. :-)

hi golem,

thanks for your answer.
Meanwhile I found out, that the used theme overlays the destkop and its taskbar. It seems like a "Form" layed over the desktop. On this Form we have four buttons, which are defined in the themes.rc.
Currently I don´t understand how the Form (on which the buttons are placed) is configured.
My search for some documentation to get into the Litestep-Functionality was already not successful.

What I want to do is to change the back-Color of the form (maybe a popup?) and get a little understanding how this works.
So, do you know some good tutorials, books or something like that? Can you tell me what I have to do to change the Backround color or give the Form a backround Image?

Many thanks. Currently Litestep is a little bit counfuse for me.

Adleano wrote:

hi golem,

thanks for your answer.
Meanwhile I found out, that the used theme overlays the destkop and its taskbar. It seems like a "Form" layed over the desktop. On this Form we have four buttons, which are defined in the themes.rc.
Currently I don´t understand how the Form (on which the buttons are placed) is configured.
My search for some documentation to get into the Litestep-Functionality was already not successful.

What I want to do is to change the back-Color of the form (maybe a popup?) and get a little understanding how this works.
So, do you know some good tutorials, books or something like that? Can you tell me what I have to do to change the Backround color or give the Form a backround Image?

Many thanks. Currently Litestep is a little bit counfuse for me.

I cannot really help you, because I cannot picture what you're talking about. It's likely that this "form" is in actuallity what we call a "label" created through a LiteStep module, but I'm just guessing here.

Will you please provide maybe an image and a link to the theme, to help with the troubleshooting?

Thank you.

5 (edited by DiamondXplosion 2012-01-17 05:04:38 am)

you can also use XDESK-1.3 (or XDESK-1.3.1) and use !xdesksetwallpaper "path"
to design modules that depend on xpaintclass-1.0, you must add the function: modulenamepaintingmode mode.

PaintingMode STRING

The parameter is mode
mode can be .none, .image, .icon, .singlecolor, .multicolor, .borderbutton, .animation or .visualstyle. Set this for the correct painting mode you want to use. Default is .none! This is an important setting. If you don't set this, nothing is painted. The different painting modes are described at the following links: .image, .icon, .singlecolor, .multicolor, .borderbutton, .animation, .visualstyle

if you have the modules so patiently read the documents that come with them. good luck.

Thanks for your help.
I solved it by using lswallpaper. It´s working fine. :-)