1 (edited by ZaLiTHkA 2012-06-24 11:03:35 am)

Topic: Simple Clock Module...?

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I'm looking for a simple clock module that hooks into xPaintClass... When I came back to LS a few days back, I instinctively went straight to my old favourite, Chronos. But it's battling to match up to the background and text options of the newer modules.

It's just for a text clock, nothing too fancy.. Any suggestions?

I should probably also mention I want to use a PNG for the background, my theme uses transparency for many small things. smile

Win7 Ultimate x64 + Logitech MX-1000 + LiteStep 0.25 == *very big grin*

Re: Simple Clock Module...?

I'd probably just use xLabel to build the clock since as you said it's just a text clock.

ascendancyy wrote:

I'd probably just use xLabel to build the clock since as you said it's just a text clock.

Honestly, I didn't think of trying that. I suppose I'd need to use xStatsClass to get the actual values for the clock though, right? I haven't really used xLabel (or the older Label) very much, but I don't think it has any time or date options itself..

Yeah you'd have to use xStatsClass to retrieve the time.

Cool, I'll play with that tomorrow then, it's already past midnight for me... Thanks for the help. smile

*label time
timex                 -26
IF taskbarbottom = true
timey                 -17
ELSE 
timey                 0
ENDIF
timewidth             26
timeheight             18
timeusesolidcolors
timesolidcolors             323232
timetext                        "[date('dd ddd')]<br><fontcolor=#A3D572>[time('i:nn')]</font>"
ELSE
timetext                        "[date('dd ddd')]<br><fontcolor=#A3D572>[time('h:nn')]</font>"
ENDIF
timefont                        "Tahoma"
timefontcolor                   #A3D572
timefontheight                  11
timeNewLineSpace                -4
timealwaysontop false
;timeonenter            !xtrayshow
;xtrayonleave            !xtrayhide
timeOnMiddleClick     !xTrayToggle