Topic: Suggestions for a volume control hotkey?

I'm trying to setup a hotkey for volume control in Litestep (I'm running on 0.25).  In  the past on XP I used the modules hotkey.dll and v_bang.dll.  When I try to run the same commands on Windows 7 64 bit, it spits back errors at me trying to register the related hotkey commands.  I'm not sure which module is at fault, but the bottom line is I don't know how to set up a volume control hotkey now in Litestep.

If it helps, I also run the program autohotkey, but the volume control command for that integrates into explorer and doesn't do anything when using Litestep as a shell.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Re: Suggestions for a volume control hotkey?

never mind, I was able to solve it using the module tVolEzy-2.0

I can not find it on http://shellfront.org/modules-list.php , can you share it ?

find it here http://www.shellfront.org/modules/
or put this line on you theme.rc

*NetLoadModule tVolEzy-2.0

and read this http://forums.litestep.info/viewtopic.php?id=72 it can help you

Good luck.

Yes,Has been resolved ,thank you very much. I do the hotkeys to control the volume , and two arrows to control the volume on the taskbar . Although there is no slider volume control module , but I 've been very satisfied .

With xLabel and some creative work you can make a slider volume control

Let me think about it, you mean the use of such command :
                      Moveable ["horizontal" or "vertical"]
                     MoveArea (x) (y) (width) (height)
and then drag the label to a different location , and then set the volume of the different locations .

This is a very complex task , and feeling more harm than good , I still use the clicking- volume-adjustment-button , thank you for letting me have another idea .

You could also use LSSlider...just sayin...

DeViLbOi wrote:

You could also use LSSlider...just sayin...

Thank you, I tried it , lsslider error lead to litestep collapse under win7 64bit , lssliderfoo-1.85 is normal , but before I always thought these two would not work under win7 64bit . realy thank you.

later, i will post some code for you about how to done this with xlabel and tvolezy.

11 (edited by conlin 2012-08-08 15:02:32 pm)

I'm curious and looking forward to .By the way ,
*Slider "caption" <x> <y> <offset> background.bmp handle.bmp <Flags> [SLIDERMODE] options

Is there can be made to this effect?  "handle.bmp" wider than the width of the background.bmp's(V) .or "handle.bmp" heighter than the height of the background.bmp's(H)

No...the background image and handle image must be the same size...however...you can fudge it by using MagicPink so it appears to be larger.

13 (edited by conlin 2012-08-08 15:06:49 pm)

DeViLbOi wrote:

No...the background image and handle image must be the same size...however...you can fudge it by using MagicPink so it appears to be larger.

I can not quite understand , can not explain in detail about ?
and In slider , these two figures can not use png, that the use is not transparent .

From than Manuel...

Magic Pink  Yes! LiteStep is magic. Magic Pink refers to the color #FF00FF, which can be used to create a transparent effect in bitmap graphics. Any part of the bitmap that is the color #FF00FF will be transparent through to the desktop and cannot be clicked upon. Most modules support transparency through the use of Magic Pink.

Oh, I see . PNG or BMP picture , part # FF00FF of in litestep is transparent, which is very useful and wonderful .

conlin wrote:

Oh, I see . PNG or BMP picture , part # FF00FF of in litestep is transparent, which is very useful and wonderful .

Yes. Well, maybe. I know Magic Pink is very useful for BMP, but PNGs have transparency inherit in it. If LsSlider can handle PNGs properly, I'd personnaly use a PNG with true transparent bits, than a BMP with magic pink bits.

Another problem , a few days ago, the C-disk of the operating system to resume with the ghost , then lssliderfoo-1.85 could not work , because my litestep is in D - disk , so it must be a system sound settings problems, Not the problem of the LS . But I toss a long time, and failed, some people know ? The sound card is integrated ALC888 .
then 0-10 of the channel parameters tried again, invalid .

the-golem - been out too long to know what does and does not support PNG Alpha...sorry. 

conlin - since you restored from a ghost image to a different drive letter there is a pretty good possibility that some of the definitions in your registry may be wrong.  This could include...but not be limited to...the C runtime libraries required by some modules for interactions with the OS.

19 (edited by DiamondXplosion 2012-08-16 03:44:39 am)

as I promised.

*Label                    SndCtrl

SndCtrlAddToGroup        FalseTray
SndCtrlX                -88
SndCtrlY                -32
SndCtrlWidth                16
SndCtrlHeight                16
SndCtrlImage                volctrl.png
SndCtrlOnLeftClickUp            !execute [!LabelToggle SlideBack][!LabelShow MultiBar TimeHide][!LabelFocus SlideBack]
SndCtrlOnRightClickUp            !none
SndCtrlBehindWindow            xLabel NetMon

Vol30PaintingMode            .image
Vol30Image                vol1.png

Vol60PaintingMode            .image
Vol60Image                vol2.png

Vol90PaintingMode            .image
Vol90Image                vol3.png

VolMutePaintingMode            .image
VolMuteImage                volmute.png

*Label                    Slide

SlideX                    100
SlideY                    0
SlideWidth                5
SlideHeight                9
SlidePaintingMode            .singlecolor
SlideColors                ff0000
SlideMoveable                true
SlideMoveable                .horizontal
SlideMoveButton                .left
SlideMoveModifierKey            .none
SlideMoveArea                0 0 105 9
SlideNoMoveCursor            true
SlideFireOnMoveDuringMove        false
SlideOnRightClickUp        !none
SlideAlwaysOnTop            true

*Label                    SlideBack

SlideBackPaintingMode            .singlecolor
SlideBackColors                eeeeee
SlideBackX                $ResolutionX-132$
SlideBackY                $ResolutionY-13$
SlideBackWidth                129
SlideBackHeight                10
SlideBackStartHidden            true
SlideBackOnRightClickUp        !none
SlideBackOnHide                !execute [!xTraySetAlpha 255][!SetEvar ShowVolume 0][!LabelShow TrayNav][!LabelHide Multibar TimeHide]
SlideBackOnFocusLost        !LabelHide SlideBack
SlideBackAlwaysOnTop            true

*SlideBackOverlayLabel 0 0 105 10 Sldr #
SldrPaintingMode            .singlecolor
SldrColors                    ffffff
SldrBorderMethod            .etched
SldrRightClickUp        !none

*Label MuteSwitcher

MuteSwitcherPaintingMode            .image
MuteSwitcherImage                    volmute2.png
MuteSwitcherX                        107
MuteSwitcherY                        0
MuteSwitcherWidth                    10
MuteSwitcherHeight                    10
MuteSwitcherOnLeftClick                !tVolEzyToggleMute
MuteSwitcherRightClickUp        !none
*MuteSwitcherTooltipRegion 0 0 10 10 "$dlg102$"

MuteSwitcherAlwaysOnTop            true

*Label SoundMore

SoundMorePaintingMode            .image
SoundMoreImage                    Plus.png
SoundMoreX                        119
SoundMoreY                        0
SoundMoreWidth                    10
SoundMoreHeight                    10
SoundMoreOnLeftClick                !execute [control.exe mmsys.cpl]
SoundMoreRightClickUp        !none
*SoundMoreTooltipRegion 0 0 10 10 "$dlg103$"
SoundMoreAlwaysOnTop            true

*SlideBackModuleHook !LabelLSBoxHook Slide
*SlideBackModuleHook !LabelLSBoxHook MuteSwitcher
*SlideBackModuleHook !LabelLSBoxHook SoundMore

CurrentVol        "[volume]"
CurrentMute        "[mute]"
tVolEzyVolumeChangedCommand    "!SetEvar CurrentVol #VOLUME#"
tVolEzyMuteChangedCommand    "!SetEvar CurrentMute #MUTE#"

*SndCtrlToolTipRegion 0 0 16 16 "[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentMute'),'=','muted')]$dlg092$[else]$dlg093$[exportedevar('CurrentVol')]%[endif]"
*SndCtrlOverlayLabel 0 0 16 16 Vol30 #a "[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentMute'),'=','muted')]0[elseifeval(exportedevar('CurrentVol'),'>','33')]1[else]0[endif]"
*SndCtrlOverlayLabel 0 0 16 16 Vol60 #a "[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentMute'),'=','muted')]0[elseifeval(exportedevar('CurrentVol'),'>','66')]1[else]0[endif]"
*SndCtrlOverlayLabel 0 0 16 16 Vol90 #a "[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentMute'),'=','muted')]0[elseifeval(exportedevar('CurrentVol'),'>','99')]1[else]0[endif]"
*SndCtrlOverlayLabel 0 0 16 16 VolMute #a "[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentMute'),'=','muted')]1[else]0[endif]"
SlideOnMove                !ParseEvars !execute [!tVolEzyDown %#%[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentVol'),'>',exportedevar('SlideCurrentX'))]CurrentVol-SlideCurrentX[else]0[endif]%%#][!tVolEzyUp %#%[ifeval(exportedevar('CurrentVol'),'<',exportedevar('SlideCurrentX'))]SlideCurrentX-CurrentVol[else]0[endif]%%#]
SlideBackOnShow                !ParseEvars !execute [!xTraySetAlpha 0][!SetEvar ShowVolume 1][!LabelMove Slide %#CurrentVol%# 0][!LabelHide TrayNav]

i'm using this code on my theme, you can make all changes for your needs. good luck.

Key code is only so few , than I expected, efficiency and simplicity more . But for me  difficult to understand.

1.   theme refresh , handle (slide) always on the left ( volume of the smallest position ) , and drag the handle can not adjust the volume, in other words , handle does not build relationships with the system volume. To click the mute button ( MuteSwitcher ) can move the handle (slide) to adjust the volume .

2.  Can you tell me more about your ideas , especially the relationship between CurrentVol and SlideCurrentX

if you do not quite understand the codes, then you may not have read the docs. To achieve this workaround I had to study hard these docs, so I find every resource and every capacity of the modules (xlabel, and tVolEzy), and to make each feature would fit into each other and do the work together. (without the need to load another module in this case LSSlider. order to save memory PC).

CurrentVol is a personal evar. and says what is the current volume (duh). I forgot that detail. you need to configure as tVolEzy exports the current volume. SlideCurrentX is based on the current volume. I label slide movement when it is greater than SlideCurrentX CurrentVol, this decreases the volume at 0 degrees and increases in the volume "SlideCurrentX" degrees. SlideCurrentX can be 0 to 100. See my theme in action.
http://forums.litestep.info/viewtopic.php?id=68

I went to read it again xlable's Text Escape  Sequences and ParseEvars. With your replies , that your approach is not complicated, but very clever . Because my English is not very good , so sometimes even if i know the meaning of the word , or very abstract. Some simple themes , such as the stacking of the modules will be very simple, but to write a little complicated subject , it is necessary to use and create , it is  difficult , but also is its charm . Thank you for your enthusiastic help .

no problem, i'm brazilian, and my english is not very good too, but i translate my words with translate.google.com, it's not perfect but we can comunicate very well. it's hard to explain the code or my theory, but if you want to learn i can help, just be patience.