Topic: Bizarre bug with transparencies, need help

I could use some help, I'm having problems with transparency of labels and other modules on my system.  I'm running Windows 7 64-bit on LS 0.25.

I was messing around with some theme settings in Windows (haven't touched my Litestep .rc in weeks) and somewhere along the way I seem to have broken compatibility with my LS theme.  The problem is that almost all my labels / modules which had transparencies now show blocks that eat through the wallpaper and just show the windows desktop background color instead.  I have no idea how I caused this or how I should fix it.  This affects not only xlabel, but also Xtray and lsxcommand.  It does NOT seem to affect labels that are 100% transparent and use a .bmp (magic pink) to do so.  I'm posting some sections from my .rc file below in hopes that someone can tell me what to do:

*NetLoadModule xstatsclass-1.1.5
*NetLoadModule xlabel-4.3
*NetLoadModule TVolEzy
*NetLoadModule hotkey
*NetLoadModule desktop2
*NetLoadModule popup2-2.1.7
*NetLoadModule xtray-2.2.2
*NetLoadModule lsxcommand-2.0.2

Here's an example of a label that shows the bug that was working fine a few days ago:

*Label Date
DateX 540
DateY -57
Datewidth 200
DateText "[date('dd')].[time('mm')]"
DateFontColor 255 255 255
DateFontOutline
DateFontHeight 24
DateFontOutlineExtra
DateFontOutlineColor 0 0 0
DateFontVertAlign "top"
DateFontAlign "left"
DateFontClearType true

Here's an example of a label that does NOT show the bug:

*Label Showdesk
ShowdeskX -6
ShowdeskY -57
Showdeskwidth 6
Showdeskheight 57
ShowdeskPaintingMode ".image"
Showdeskimage "C:\Litestep2\images\showdesk.bmp"
ShowdeskTransparent
ShowdeskTrueTransparency
ShowdeskTrackingIgnoreTrueTransparency true
Showdeskonleftclick !MinimizeWindows

As an experiment, I tried converting the first label to image mode and pointing it to a magic pink .bmp like the one above.  That partially solved the transparency issue, but then I saw a magenta outline around all my text.

Any help people can offer would be appreciated.

Re: Bizarre bug with transparencies, need help

I'm not seeing the line

*NetloadModule xPaintClass-1.0

as xStasClass-1.1.5, xModules need to xStatsClass and xPaintClass are loaded BEFORE any module.
You know you can use semi-transparent png, is not it? bmp file is too big, and does not fulfill this task well for transparency.
If you want to see the background through some xModule, you need to use:

(ModuleName)AlphaMap true

The painterclass is loaded by the distro step.rc before it even gets to the theme here:

LoadModule              "$LiteStepDir$NLM\NetLoadModule2.dll"
LoadModule         "$LitestepDir$xPaintClass-1.0.dll"

As for .PNG, I recall having some trouble with them in the past, but I'll definitely look into it and post a reply.  If I remember correctly, I think I had a problem with it every time I went into a full screen 3D game then came out again, I would have to recycle every time, which was sort of a pain in the ass.  I'll test it out though and post a reply here.

before you go there, try this:

*Label Date
DateX 540
DateY -57
Datewidth 200
DateText "[date('dd')].[time('mm')]"
DateFontColor 255 255 255
DateFontOutline
DateFontHeight 24
DateFontOutlineExtra
DateFontOutlineColor 0 0 0
DateFontVertAlign "top"
DateFontAlign "left"
DateFontClearType true

DateTextureAlphaTransparency 155
DateAlphaMap true

Well I tested out using a .png and it was as I remembered, it worked, but it also gave me a magic pink outline around my text.  Your one command cleared up evertything however.  Setting AlphaMap to true seems to be clearing up everything except lsxcommand, but that was only partially finished on my theme anyway.  This seems to have pretty much fixed things, thanks for the help.