Topic: my ip at info panel

When i don't have router, all works fine and shows my internet ip and local ip good, but when i start using router all ip's becomes 192.168.1.2
I want that my info panel show again my internet ip and local ip
Pls help!

Re: my ip at info panel

well.. that's not possible, because your computer has no idea what your external IP is when you are sitting behind a NAT box/firewall/router/whatever you want to call it. All your computer knows is what it's interface IP is (192.168.1.2 in your case) and what your gateway is (your router). It sends outbound traffic to the gateway and the gateway (your router) handles everything else.

sorry..

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

It's possible root...it's just not remotely easy...and does require some manipulation of text.  You will have to do a text scape of something like http://www.whatismyip.org/ and then put the info into something LS can access to display it.

yeah, I was thinking about that after I posted. You'd have to query something else (like whatismyip.org) to find out what your IP is, and then use that output

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

DeViLbOi wrote:

It's possible root...it's just not remotely easy...and does require some manipulation of text.  You will have to do a text scape of something like http://www.whatismyip.org/ and then put the info into something LS can access to display it.

how i can do that? i mean what i must to do?

You would have to learn how to:

1) contact a web server and query a specific page with a program that lets you:
----- read the raw HTML
----- parse it for a specific pattern that you must define, and then
----- extract the IP address

2) transfer that IP address to:
----- a LiteStep variable, or
----- a Windows Environment Variable, or
----- a text file

3) if you choose a text file, then you still need to figure out how to put that value into a LiteStep variable, or execute LiteStep.exe and pass the IP address as a parameter in a !Bang command.

None of this is easy, and requires a lot of practice, and "trial and error".

I suggest mIRC.  It is a very good program, and you can use it to contact a web page and parse the HTML to look for your Internet IP.  There are examples on google of how to do this using "socket scripts".

So google this: "mirc socket script"

When using a "socket script" you will download text from the page and server you specify.  It will come out as just text (HTML text to be exact), and then you must write your own function to extract your IP from that text.

As mentioned before, www.whatsmyip.org is one of the good sites you can use to find your IP.

Good luck my friend.