Topic: wallpaper module?

Does anyone have a recommended wallpaper module?  I was using "lswchanger" on my old theme on XP, but since I've transitioned to Windows 7, it gives me some issues now.  The main problem I have with it is every time I go into a full screen application that's smaller than my current resolution (1920x1200), it will resize the wallpaper to that, and never change back until I reboot.  If anyone has wallpaper module recommendations, here's what I'm looking for:

-Handle JPG (and preferably PNG) files
-Be able to select a new wallpaper randomly from a specific directory
-Be able to stretch the image to fill the screen proportionally (a 4x3 image will be pillarboxed on a widescreen monitor)

Re: wallpaper module?

xDesk handle wallpaper. I did not test it. Notice is strange because it say it handle BMP and PNG, but since it handle PNG, it must surely handle JPG.
It don't do other functions you need but I don't remember of any other wallpaper module.
Maybe you can script a random wallpaper if you name your wallpapers_$n$.png and with !varRnd.

Why are you not just using the Windows Wallpaper setup in Win7?  If I remember right it will work with LS just fine and do all of what you needed.

4 (edited by tetris42 2013-01-30 19:12:32 pm)

DeViLbOi wrote:

Why are you not just using the Windows Wallpaper setup in Win7?  If I remember right it will work with LS just fine and do all of what you needed.

Two reasons, first, if Win7 changes the wallpaper, it won't update in Litestep for me unless I do a recycle.  Really if I could solve this problem, it would open up options towards using some 3rd party wallpaper software.  As it stands, they all seem to need Litestep to recycle before any changes are shown. 

The second is I forgot to mention another requirement:

-have some sort of hotkey or function to change the wallpaper (on my old theme, I would hold down control and click on the desktop)

I like being able to change the wallpapers manually, rather than on a timed interval, I don't think Win7 has that as some sort of hotkey or one-click function.