Topic: nModules, Date/Time formats, and Edge Image Scaling

Hey,

I am running Litestep on Win8 x64 with the nModules. I was wondering what sort of options I have with date and time (12h clock) since the Wiki is empty for the Time section. Also, I am wondering if Edge scaling has been implemented, or if I am simply doing it wrong.

Thanks in advace, I am loving getting back into LiteStep again. Awesome work, I really appreciate it!

2 (edited by alur 2013-08-15 06:36:14 am)

Re: nModules, Date/Time formats, and Edge Image Scaling

EdgeScaling has been implemented, but not in the released version. I'll probably release the next update in a day or two.

I added a blurb about Time earlier today (I know it's sort of brief, and the documentation is still in its early stages... i'm not really that fond of the wiki formatting).

https://code.google.com/p/n-modules/wiki/nCore#Time

To paraphrase myself, the time formatting is the same as for http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/fe06s4ak.aspx

So you could set the text to something like this:
"[Time('%H:%M')]$nl$[Time('%B, %d')]"

You could do a 12 hour clock with
"[Time('%I:%M %p')]"

I try to keep a changelog over here: https://code.google.com/p/n-modules/wiki/ChangeLog

Great thanks for the help!

Also, another question. What would be the best way to build a calendar grid, and get some weather information if possible?

The absolutely best way would probably be to wait for nCalendar (as mentioned on the wiki). Asked Alur and it'll probably come out with the 0.7 batch. Whenever that'll be.

I did have a look at weather widgetry when I built my current theme and turned out the easiest way was to make a script to run on my linux server from scratch, which grabs data from the net and builds it all into a single image which is then grabbed onto local machine with a scheduled task etc etc. So, not all that simple tongue

You could try weatherdesk, lsweather or wazup to see if you have more luck with them than I did!

Any chance these are available 64bit?

None of the older modules will have 64bit versions. There's a chance of getting them recompiled to 64bit if the sources are available somewhere.

Just holler at Alur about it, he has been helpful enough with recompiling older modules so far. big_smile

Hmm... Well I've gotten a VB script to dump the weather data I need to a text file. Would there be any way to read that?

Also, I am running into a scenario where the litestep elements pop infront of my windows, is there something like a pin to Desktop option?

Thanks guys for answering a bunch of my questions!

8 (edited by alur 2013-08-16 01:25:57 am)

If you want to keep windows on the desktop, I'd recommend setting their Parent setting to nDesk.