Topic: Finally comfortable with my Win8 setup

A pretty heavily modded version of Alucard's nDemo tongue

Just some small things to work on. After that, I am not sure what to tackle next.
Probably adding an email notification or weather data, but that has not been going well...
http://i.imgur.com/KU0bkOr.jpg

Re: Finally comfortable with my Win8 setup

Cool smile

Happy to see people using my modules! smile

Cool! Good to know I can move to win8 when it's time!

LiteStep addict since b23. http://brembs.net

Nice theme. i want to port my theme to nmodules, but some features is not compatible, and other modules (not xModuloes or nModules) still not loading. Anyway, alur is doing a great job with nModules!

DiamondXplosion wrote:

Nice theme. i want to port my theme to nmodules, but some features is not compatible, and other modules (not xModuloes or nModules) still not loading. Anyway, alur is doing a great job with nModules!

tongue Yup phenomenal job by Alur

I'm curious as to what features you would miss from your theme. I feel that feature wise I am done with my theme, just wondering what else is possible with LiteStep.

i wanna a feature to make taskbar shows only a WindowClassName/WindowTitleName for example.
Or a way to pick a folder on a list and export its values to a textfile (path, filename, or both). And others i dont remember now.

i've posted some modules won't load. for a while, i'm not using LiteStep (at work). later, i'll list them here.

yes ! LiteStep have undiscovered capacities! On my theme, i can pin apps on taskbar and make a jump list like win7. and any module can't do it! Cause is a theme based feature (combined modules' features and colected data manipulation, like WindowTitleName)

with creative, you can make greater things

i'll just go ahead and make my Theme ported version for nModules, giving it a try, is a better way to discover its possibilites.

i'll came back later with results

I used to use Win+E a lot to open new explorer windows in W7. Since then I've gotten W8 and installed Litestep, but now if I try to use Win+E Windows trys to start up the standard shell which didn't happen when I was running Litestep on W7. Do you have this problem?

i dont have this problem, but i discovered why it's happening Copy and paste this code on notepad and save as SetLiteStepAsShell.reg

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="\"C:\\LiteStep\\LiteStep.exe\""
"AutoRestartShell"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"Shell"="\"C:\\LiteStep\\LiteStep.exe\""
"AutoRestartShell"=dword:00000001

run the reg file and restart your pc, it solves win+E problem. And LiteStep relaunchs its self after a kill process (if LSSetAsShell is set to true in personal.rc file)

ascendancyy: You can always avoid it by binding Win+E to "explorer.exe /e", rather than just "explorer.exe"

Thanks guys!

strongmachine wrote:

A pretty heavily modded version of Alucard's nDemo tongue

Just some small things to work on. After that, I am not sure what to tackle next.
Probably adding an email notification or weather data, but that has not been going well...
http://i.imgur.com/KU0bkOr.jpg

Can you share your theme please?

12 (edited by strongmachine 2013-10-07 22:45:07 pm)

[deXter] wrote:

Can you share your theme please?

The theme is very rough, it wasn't meant to be readable by anyone other than me. I used a lot of hard coded values for the specific monitor setup I have (dual 1920x1080) and file directories. So, you will have to do a lot of messing around with the values.

There are also some WIP files in there, so you have to find out what to ignore. tongue If you do end up sharing this, I would appreciate the credit thrown my way. big_smile

The download contains my complete theme folder. This doesn't include the step.rc file which is usually in the LiteStep root. You have to include my theme.rc file to your step.rc file.

Download: http://speedy.sh/wspXm/SSC13.zip