Topic: Small Suggestion

Hey there, I think we should add some posting rules/ guidelines,

Re: Small Suggestion

Do you really think that's needed? So far I think all posts have been good enough smile   (well, except the spam of course smile )
I say we add it when we see there's a need for it!

I geuss, I just thought it would be helpful for new users.

Well at least capitalization of topic names (and maybe posts?) will be nice.

Bah wait until all the posts are "my litestpsz install inst working!!!!! PLZ HELP!!1!!!!1!!1!!"  then the need arises.... but I think we need more than the dozen or so people on here first...

Litestep will never die.

carbinefreak wrote:

Bah wait until all the posts are "my litestpsz install inst working!!!!! PLZ HELP!!1!!!!1!!1!!"  then the need arises.... but I think we need more than the dozen or so people on here first...

Lol, thats true.

Since we're talking about guidelines here, please don't reply directly to any spammer posts. Doing so accomplishes nothing. The spammer will eventually be banned, and it's posts removed.

Just act like they aren't there.

Yeah but, those spammers are annoying D:::
I get your point, sorry.

the-golem wrote:

Since we're talking about guidelines here, please don't reply directly to any spammer posts. Doing so accomplishes nothing. The spammer will eventually be banned, and it's posts removed.

Just act like they aren't there.

this smile

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

I get the point. :::/

haha.. sorry
As a note, we did just install another plugin that checks against IP, email address, and DNS location of known spammers on stopforumspam.com and blocks those users from registering. This should drastically cut down on spam issues wink

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

rootrider wrote:

haha.. sorry
As a note, we did just install another plugin that checks against IP, email address, and DNS location of known spammers on stopforumspam.com and blocks those users from registering. This should drastically cut down on spam issues wink

Good to hear, root!