1 (edited by Skrell 2011-09-27 01:05:18 am)

Topic: excellent news!

I was very sad to see ls-universe go away so any steps toward a litestep community are great and significant ones in my opinion!!  We can't let litestep die!!

Re: excellent news!

thanks.. we're definitely working on this. We'll take any suggestions and help that can be offered as wel.

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

Excellent news, indeed. I'll always have a soft spot for LiteStep, so great to see something happening in the LS-community again!

Litestep is one of the few active windows shell replacements left out there.

Hehe, you have a pretty broad definition of "active" tongue

Tobbe wrote:

Hehe, you have a pretty broad definition of "active" tongue

Well, compared to the other ones out there, this is active. tongue

I'm seeing recent LS themes out there produced over the last couple of years. This is on deviantart.

There are a lot of new LS themes on deviantart...which is great because it means there is still an active community out in the ether somewhere. smile

Skrell wrote:

There are a lot of new LS themes on deviantart...which is great because it means there is still an active community out in the ether somewhere. smile

exactly.. people still like and use LS. But it'll die much more quickly if there's absolutely no web presence and bugs are never fixed. So my first goals are to make that part is taken care of smile

using LS since 1998. Old FPN site operator, owner of ShellFront, keeper of other LS domains
State of the Step 2011

Skrell wrote:

Not to mention, there's a huuuuuuge amount of themes on Customize.org, several of which are recent.

11 (edited by Baron Bruce 2011-09-29 18:30:42 pm)

the-golem wrote:
Skrell wrote:

Not to mention, there's a huuuuuuge amount of themes on Customize.org, several of which are recent.

Yeah I'm still mad that LSthemes went down that had some great themes.
There was one theme there called "Classiclite" it emulated the appearance of the old windows, ever since LSthemes went down I've been unable to find it on any other site. If I can find it on my HD I'll post it here.

Baron Bruce wrote:

If I can find it on my HD I'll post it here.

please do!
I'm sure we could recover a surprising amount of data from ls-themes from users..

State of the Step 2011

unfortunately Jochen haven't found a backup of ls-theme yet...
So we can start collecting data from user, until Jochen give us a complete dump.
tongue glad to see, activity on the forum.

jugg has the old litestep.net theme archive as well..

State of the Step 2011

good to see litestep getting back together i was a die hard user until windows 7 i want to get back using it.