1 (edited by aa06 2012-02-15 20:37:27 pm)

Topic: how can i make a program to run at windows xp startup

hello,

i am not asking msconfig Startup tab option but asking to run home made program to load when XP starts instead of its default Shell Explorer.exe.

It should be like Bank Automated Teller Machine (ATM) application. XP should load our home made program when it boots and end user should not see Windows desktop and directly see and interact with our program. is LiteStep can do this? if yes, how it can make?

Thanks.

Re: how can i make a program to run at windows xp startup

Yes this is exactly what LiteStep does. You'll have to make your own theme that does only what you want and none of the normal functions. To get started just tear apart any other LS theme.

thanks Acidfire,
it is nice to hear that LiteStep can do this. actually my application is a windows .bat file which in it calls a java jar to start/boot. it resides windows D:\ application with .bat file. how can i make a theme which runs my application when LiteStep shell loads itself. my application cover all the desktop when it runs.

Note: But application uses windows filesystem and libraries. so i need them,too.

Actually i need LiteStep runs my .bat file when it starts like Windows Explorer shell does it from msconfig's Startup programs.

I probably wouldn't use LiteStep at all for this.  I would make your app the shell.

Here's some interesting reading:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms838576.aspx

Indeed, just set the .bat file as your shell wink